Is Judaism part of your RE curriculum? Could your pupils benefit from an expert on this subject? If so, then Journeys with Miriam can help.
Journeys with Miriam offers specialist Judaism workshops run by qualified primary school teachers. Workshops can be fully adapted to meet the needs of your topics and budget. We offer a wide variety of key themes which are covered in the RE Curriculum including festivals, traditions, religious rituals, and celebrations.
Curriculum and Assessment
Our workshops are suitable for both KS1 and KS2 and cover the required strands of the RE Curriculum:
Self-assessment tools used at the end each workshop provides teachers with a valuable insight into what the child has learned from the session(s) and their understanding for teacher-assessment purposes.
Journeys with Miriam Workshop Content
An insight into the origins of Jewish biblical history, culture and traditions through the eyes of Miriam (sister of Moses) in a fun and interactive way.
Workshops can cover:
- a brief history of Judaism
- the background and history of some of the major stories in the Old Testament
- the Geography of where the stories originated
- an introduction to Jewish songs and prayers related to times and events
- interactive sessions based around important Jewish festivals such as Pesach, Hanukkah, Succot and Purim including a cookery session
- Jewish rituals and rules such as the Shabbat, Rites of Passage and Dietary Laws
- information about biblical characters in the Old Testament such as Abraham, Moses, Issac, Jacob, Joseph, Sarah, Rebecca, Esther and of course Miriam
- a visit to Miriam’s portable synagogue.
All sessions can be tailored to incorporate other cross-curricular links and themes from your current planning.
Although working on common themes, each workshop is created to meet your pupil’s needs. Prior to booking, we’ll contact you to discuss exactly what you need.
As a guide:
1 whole day: £350
3 hour session (usually a morning): £220
2 hour session (usually an afternoon): £160
1 hour single session: £85
To discuss how we can help, please get in touch.